Interested in being involved in Motorsport?
There are thousands of women actively involved in British Motorsport, organising events, running clubs and associations, timekeeping, marshalling and fulfilling a host of other support roles without which the sport itself could not function.
We should not, of course, forget the long suffering family members of those that race – married to the race track, the family often become second to racing passion – and the WMRAC has provided a ‘friendly face’ of support at many a race meeting.
In October 2016, the FIA Women In Motorsport Commission organised a Seminar in Lisbon, inviting all national representatives in order to highlight the successes of the work undertaken and discuss how to make a difference at a regional level in global motor sport. As a result of the Seminar, the FIA Women In Motorsport Commission has prioritised its own 8 recommendations in a “Chart of the Future” from 2016 to 2020.
- Federation Internationale de l’Automobile – Women in motorsport around the globe
Here are some other sources of information from our motorsport partners to guide you into getting involved;
- Motorsport UK – Women in Motorsport
- BWRDC – British Women Racing Driver Club ‘Getting Started’
- BMMC – British Motorsports Marshals Club
- MIA – Motorsport Industry Association & Education
- Karting UK Let’s go racing!
- F1 in Schools STEM Challenge
- SRC – Silverstone Racing Club
We have a number of Members, experienced in many disciplines of motorsport, that may be able to offer mentoring support or guide you into getting into motorsport.